Search Engine Optimization (SEO) refers to the act of optimizing your website to increase its prominence in search results for specific keywords. The higher ranking your pages get in search results, the better chance you’ll have of attracting potential and existing clients to your company. Higher ranking equals better business. So how do you get the edge over your competitors?
Search engines continuously update their algorithms which determine which rankings your webpages will receive. A number of changes to algorithms are implemented regularly, but some changes may not be apparent to webmasters until they are made. New page experience improvements are a great way for webmasters to start improving their website rankings immediately. New page experience improvements can take many forms, including:
* Page Rank * Search Engine Optimization Ranking Factors There are two main factors affecting the ranking of a webpage in search results. These factors are: content and structure. Both of these are reliant on SEO, as content helps to attract and retain users, and structure helps to attract and retain visitors. The success of your search engine optimization depends heavily on both of these factors. While many companies focus on increasing their content, many others focus on increasing their structure.
* Backlink Building & Content One of the best ways to improve the rank of your webpages is to acquire as many backlinks as possible to your website. The more links you have to your web pages, the higher your position in the ranking factors. One of the main focuses of most SEO firms is link building. This ensures that your website gets a good amount of back link popularity, which improves your chances of being noticed by potential customers.
* Keyword Position The way that your keywords perform in the search engine optimization rankings is dependent on the way that they are used within your content. For example, if you place the keyword “dog” within your content, the chances of this keyword appearing in search results increase dramatically. Thus, it is important to ensure that your keywords are used in a strategic manner in order to increase your chances of ranking high in search results.
* Page Experience One of the biggest factors affecting page ranking is page experience. This is particularly true for professional web designers. The more user-friendly a web page is, the better its page ranking factor will be. For example, it is imperative for a web page ranking factor to ensure that a user does not have to do anything to access the most relevant information, as this will reduce the need for that user to spend any time at all on the website.
* Page Speed When it comes to Search Engine Optimization, page speed is a major factor affecting the user experience. Many users have a very poor perception of how slow or fast a page load. As such, a very high page speed is often considered an absolute necessity when it comes to improving the usability of a website. However, there is a fine line between having a very slow page and a page that are extremely fast. Web design professionals often utilize various techniques and methods of increasing page speed, such as minimizing images and utilizing frames, without negatively impacting the quality of the site in question.
Although the above are all important considerations for Search Engine Optimization, one of the most important considerations involves how to conduct keyword research in order to improve the likelihood that a website will rank highly in the search engines. Keyword research is conducted by consulting with several different internet marketing professionals, in order to determine which specific keywords are likely to be popular with users. As such, you should always make use of the services of a professional if you wish to conduct proper keyword research.