Search Engine Optimization – Avoiding Some of the Mistakes Most People Make
Search Engine Optimization is a very crucial part of online marketing and any serious online entrepreneur needs to be aware of this fact. SEO stands for search engine optimization, which basically means the method of enhancing your website’s visibility on search engines to increase its rankings for specific key searches. The higher ranking your pages get in search results, the greater chance you’ll draw attention to them and draw potential and existing customers to your company. However, when it comes to optimizing your web pages, what most Internet marketers miss out on is the importance of Unique Content. Here are the 4 primary benefits of having Unique Content on your web pages:
– It gives you an edge over the rest of the competition. When customers search for specific information on your brand, you obviously want them to see your brand first. In order for your web pages to achieve this, you must ensure that your content has certain characteristics that can help it stand out from the rest. Unique Content enables you to achieve this by providing your users with only the most relevant and useful pieces of information so they can instantly determine whether or not to click on your site. In the case of Search Engine Optimization, having unique content ensures higher search ranking and better user experience.
– Mobile devices provide a richer user experience. Although most people nowadays access the internet using their laptops and mobile phones, there is still a good deal of potential to optimize for internet users that surf the web using other gadgets like handheld devices, smart phones, video game consoles and even tablets and smart phones. If you have an app that is optimized for mobile devices, then you might use that app to promote your business. Your app can use the Google Mobile SDK (Mobile Application Platform) to enable users to access your app through their preferred mobile network. To help you drive more traffic to your app, you can use the Google Search Engine Optimization console.
– Optimize for URL’s that are not part of the Google vocabulary. The Google tools allow you to format your data so that you will appear at the top of the search engines. This means that you can avoid certain standard practices, such as using ampersands to separate keywords. The Google Structured Data editor will also allow you to avoid using commas or spaces.
– Do not use large URL’s. The Google tools includes a rich result editor that will help you avoid common practices such as using large URL’s in your website’s address bar. The rich editor will let you see the size of the various objects you are sending to the search engines. You can also edit your URL’s and request that it be changed, which can greatly improve your search engine rankings.
– Keep the site’s URL simple. In general, you want to keep your web pages simple so that the search engines can understand and index them easily. This means that you will want to avoid using words such as ‘about’, ‘home’, ’email’, etc.. You can add descriptive text to your page, but you should make sure that the content on your home page is unique to that page.
– Avoid using custom Meta tags, provided that they are relevant to your content. You will also avoid using them to link to other websites if your pages do not have any links within their directory structure. Search engines are great at finding broken and irrelevant Meta tags, and will often penalize you for them. Additionally, you should avoid using keywords inside of a Meta tag, because search engines may detect this as an advertisement and will direct you away from the page. A great way to build quality content, and avoid getting blacklisted by the search engines, is to produce useful, well-written articles that provide real value to your readers instead of just stuffing keywords into them.