Integrating Marketing With Social Media
Every year, for the past decade, a number of companies in marketing have been surveyed by market researchers to come up with suggestions on what the upcoming digital marketing trends will be. This information is used by marketing professionals to help them better understand who their customers are, what their purchasing habits look like, what technologies are popular, and how they use social media to market their products. This information is then used to help them create strategies that will increase their chances of success. The following are some of the trends that were most often discussed during last year’s survey.
* Recommendation from Other Marketers: A large percentage of marketers surveyed found that they receive the highest level of recommendations from other consumers, rather than search engines. It seems that users trust recommendations more than any other form of advertising, and are willing to pay more if they think they are coming from a trusted source. In fact, many marketers surveyed believe that search engine optimization can be replaced by recommending digital products, and using social media to advertise through the use of online communities or discussion boards.
* Connectivity: As the Internet continues to expand, it is becoming harder for marketers to effectively reach their customer base. For this reason, a larger percentage of marketers feel that it is necessary to stay connected through various forms of digital media. Video is the fastest growing segment of the Internet, and most of the audience is still looking for easy ways to connect with others. Mobile video is quickly catching up as well, and marketers will need to determine how to stay on top of the trends to create effective campaigns that connect with their audience.
* Digital Innovation: Marketing professionals agree that the pace of change is picking up speed. Because of this, many innovators within the industry are making it their goal to engage their businesses in cutting edge digital marketing activities. This includes blogging, online communities, and social networking. Marketers are creating content that engages their customers while also providing useful information. Trend reports are also starting to shape the trends across industries.
* Social Media: As the Internet becomes increasingly accessible to millions of consumers, the number of people who engage with businesses has increased dramatically. Businesses are using social media to engage with their audiences as well as share information about their businesses. Trend reports have begun to shape digital marketing trends across industries as well. These reports are designed to highlight new and emerging technologies used by other businesses.
* Managing Digital Marketing Incentives: The way that many businesses are approaching the way they market has changed drastically over the years. Because of this, the way that a business should approach marketing has changed as well. Trends across industries point to businesses focusing more on managing digital marketing incentives and rewards. This includes rewarding consumers who take part in various activities that help to grow their business.
* Using Interactive Platforms: The growth of mobile and tablet usage has created a dramatic shift in how many consumers view marketing. Because of this, digital marketing trends have indicated that businesses need to develop platforms that consumers can use on the go. These platforms often work in conjunction with social media sites and other digital marketing innovations to promote businesses directly to consumers. In addition, these platforms allow a business to capture video content directly from YouTube, MySpace and other online services.
* Integrating Social Networks: The growth of social networks has changed the way that many businesses approach marketing as well. For example, marketers are starting to recommend certain products and services via their social network channels. In addition, they may even choose to recommend promotional products and services that complement the recommendations that they are making. When a consumer views a recommendation, the recommendation is typically marked with a like or dislike, a thumbs up or down, and a link to the advertiser’s website. In some cases, marketers display the URL to their website for easier access from the recommendation.